Diabetes NZ Nelson Youth Branch runs an annual family camp over a weekend which is an awesome time for families and children/teens with type 1 diabetes to connect, gain confidence, and meet others like them.
We also organise social events once a term such as tenpin bowling, roller skating, indoor climbing wall sessions, and social fundraising events and coffee groups.
We offer support for families with type 1 diabetic children and teens through connecting them at branch social events such as coffee groups and family fun activities where it’s easy to share stories and experiences with others who are living with diabetes on a daily basis.
We have a Facebook group where we post current events and news.
We organise information and education sessions to learn more about diabetes.
Annual Family Camp
· 22 -24 February 2019
· Bridge Valley Adventure Camp, Wakefield
· A two night adventure camp for under 18s with type 1 diabetes & their families.
Monthly Branch Committee Meetings
· 2nd Wednesday of the month
· 61a Salisbury Road, Richmond
· Contact: Karen Lewis firstname.lastname@example.org