A Type 1 diagnosis can be a steep learning curve and at times feel scary, overwhelming and lead to other questions. You are not alone, we are here to help and support you every step of the way.
That’s why we’ve created the #1 pack.
Each #1 pack includes Jerry the bear, he also has type 1 diabetes. With the help of the Jerry the bear App, together you’ll discover how you can still play with your friends, take part in sport and enjoy your life to the full, all while learning more about managing your diabetes.
Complete a #1 pack application form (Below)
Only available for children (aged 4-10) living with Type 1 diabetes who reside in New Zealand.
If you or someone you know living with Type 1 diabetes would benefit from receiving a #1 pack, but does not meet the current criteria please email email@example.com
The Diabetes NZ #1 pack is made possible by generous donations received from the 2017 Grocery Charity Ball. Thank you to Dame Denise L’Estrange-Corbet and WORLD for designing the #1 bags and to Beyond Type 1 for sharing Jerry the Bear with New Zealand.
#1 Pack Application Form
To join Diabetes New Zealand as a full member visit www.diabetes.org.nz
For a small annual fee full members receive:
- access to our New Member Pack with all of our pamphlets on how to manage your diabetes to live well
- including access to the Take Control Toolkit
- a hard copy of our Diabetes Wellness magazine delivered to your door quarterly
- an electronic copy of Connect our monthly newsletter
- discount to the Healthy Food Guide recipe website with thousands of healthy recipes
- face-to-face support from your local branch (where avaiable)