You are here:
Rice & Pasta
- All kinds of pastas, spaghetti and noodles.
- Long grain, parboiled, basmati or doongara or brown rice.
- Tomato based sauces are lower in fat than cream or cheese sauces.
Good to know
- Rice and pasta are high carbohydrate foods.
- Rice and pasta are low in fat.
- Some pasta sauces are high in fat – check the ingredient list and avoid sauces containing butter, cream, cheese or other high fat items.
- Some instant noodles contain palm oil which is high in saturated fat.
- Fried rice is high in fat.
- Eating too much rice or pasta, or more rice or pasta than usual,may raise blood glucose levels above desirable levels. This is less likely to occur if plenty of salad or vegetables are included in the meal.
Eating rice and pasta may raise your blood glucose. How can you reduce this?