Biscuits & Crackers
- Low fat biscuits with <15g /100g total fat.
- Wholegrain crackers and crispbreads with:
<2g/100g saturated fat
Good to know
- Limit sugary biscuits to 2 biscuits a day.
- Iced, chocolate, and cream filled biscuits and cakes are high in sugar and fat. These should be left for a special occasion.
- Some crackers are high in salt and fat. If the cracker or biscuit has a flaky texture, beware it could be high in fat. Many manufactured biscuits and crackers contain saturated fats. Check the nutrition information panel.
- Be careful about how much fat you add to your crackers. Go easy on margarine, butter and cheese.
- Sugar free biscuits may contain a lot of fat and calories. Check the nutrition information panel.
- Eating extra biscuits, crackers or cake may raise blood glucose levels above desirable levels. Watch the quantity eaten.